Recipe by Mindelicious
The best kale dish I have ever had! Serve this on top of romaine, with crackers or onion bread!! Delicious!! This recipe is adapted from Russell James (UK Raw Chef).
Top Review by Prose
This salad is fantastic! My husband agreed. It's definitely a refreshing change of pace. I only used one (very large) head of kale and halved the other ingredients. It still made a LOT; we were eating it for three days. The only other change I made was to sub some chipotle hot sauce for the peppers. I will definitely make this again! Made for Veg*an Swap, September 2010
- 4 heads kale (this will seem like a lot but will wilt down when the salt is added)
- 1 tablespoon salt (more if needed to get kale to wilt, this should be plenty)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup hulled hemp seeds
- 3 avocados
- 2 chipotle peppers
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Agave
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Remove the stems from the kale, then wash and cut or tear into small pieces. Place into a bowl, add half the salt and start to massage the kale until it wilts and takes on a cooked texture.
- Fold in the tomatoes, onions, and hemp seeds.
- Blend all dressing ingredients in a high-speed blender until creamy and mix into the kale salad. ENJOY!