Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
The best kale dish I have ever had! Serve this on top of romaine, with crackers or onion bread!! Delicious!! This recipe is adapted from Russell James (UK Raw Chef).
- 4 heads kale (this will seem like a lot but will wilt down when the salt is added)
- 1 tablespoon salt (more if needed to get kale to wilt, this should be plenty)
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup hulled hemp seeds
- 3 avocados
- 2 chipotle peppers
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Agave
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- Remove the stems from the kale, then wash and cut or tear into small pieces. Place into a bowl, add half the salt and start to massage the kale until it wilts and takes on a cooked texture.
- Fold in the tomatoes, onions, and hemp seeds.
- Blend all dressing ingredients in a high-speed blender until creamy and mix into the kale salad. ENJOY!
This salad is fantastic! My husband agreed. It's definitely a refreshing change of pace. I only used one (very large) head of kale and halved the other ingredients. It still made a LOT; we were eating it for three days. The only other change I made was to sub some chipotle hot sauce for the peppers. I will definitely make this again! Made for Veg*an Swap, September 2010