Recipe by Patti McD
Comfort food direct from my paternal grandmother's hands. One of the few things even my mother used to make. Can also be made with wilted lettuce in the same manner (my personal favorite!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare cucumbers in a bowl and sprinkle with salt, mixing thoroughly.
- Cover and allow to sit on counter for 2-3 hours.
- Rinse cucumbers throughly with water and drain.
- Toss cucumbers with vinegar and gently drain.
- Fold in sour cream and top with pepper to taste.
- Stir in pepper before serving.
- To make with lettuce, break apart one head of iceberg lettuce and separate the leaves, salting as above and allowing to sit until wilted then follow remaining steps.