1/2 Photos of Will's Spaghetti
This started out being my recipe for spaghetti sauce, but when I taught my husband to make it, he improved it so it's now his. Our son, when he was young, was very concerned that he always be able to make Dad's sauce, so he watched and wrote down the recipe. I'm posting it here, so he can access now that he's grown and away from home.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 lb ground turkey (omit oil if using beef) or 3/4 lb ground beef (omit oil if using beef)
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dry basil
- seasoning salt, to taste
- 1 -5 dash louisiana hot sauce
- 16 ounces dry spaghetti noodles (whole wheat is nice)
- 1Heat oil in frying pan. Saute onion until translucent.
- 2Crumble turkey, saute with onion until golden brown. Add garlic and saute 30 seconds.
- 3Add tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, and all seasonings. Simmer 10-15 minutes. Taste and adjust seasonings as needed.
- 4Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil. Add spaghetti noodles. Cook until al dente - about 8 minutes. Drain noodles and put in large bowl. Toss with sauce.
Browse Our Top Spaghetti Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Will's Spaghetti
Serving Size: 1 (353 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 743.1
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.1 g
- Cholesterol 67.2 mg
- Sodium 866.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 11.1 g
- Protein 32.3 g