Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
I got this from cooks.com and modified it slightly. It is a nice fall recipe and goes great as a side with other dishes.
- 1⁄2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 4 tablespoons low-fat butter
- 1 (8 ounce) can low-fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 (8 ounce) can canned pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 -2 cup water
- In saucepan cook onions in butter until brown.
- Stir in soup (you can use cream of mushroom for vegetarians), pumpkin, and seasonings.
- Gradually add water.
- Heat; stir occasionally.