1/2 Photos of Williams Sonoma's Lemon Bread
Yummy. Thats all I can say :) and super easy. I almost ate the whole thing by myself, then I remembered I not the only one who lives in my house! Ooops!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 295.73 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml unsalted butter, room temp
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 2 eggs
- 118.29 ml milk (2% is fine)
- 14.79 ml finely grated lemon zest
- 22.18 ml lemon juice, your discretion
- 118.29 ml chopped pecans (optional)
For lemon syrup
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 1 lb. loaf pan.
- 2In a bowl, stir and toss together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- 3Using an electric mixer with the flat beater attached, beat sugar and butter on medium speed until blended, 2-3 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- 4Reduce speed to low and add the flour mixture along with the milk and lemon zest. (I decided to add some juice to make it more lemony -- Taste the batter and use your own judgement.) Add juice. Beat until blended and smooth, stopping to scrape down sides. Stir in pecans.
- 5Spoon batter in prepared pan and bake until toothpick inserted of loaf comes out clean, 40-55 minutes. (My oven tends to get a little hot, just keep your eyes on it at the end).
- 6Lemon Syrup: In a small bowl, combine the sugar and lemon juice. Set aside, stirring occasionally; dont worry if the sugar does not dissolve completely.
- 7Remove bread from oven and transfer pan to wire rack. Using a fork, gently poke the top in several places. Stir the syrup, then slowly drizzle over the hot bread. Let the bread cool in the pan for 15 minutes then turn loaf out (loosening it with a knife around the sides helps) onto the rack, top side up, and let cool completely.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Williams Sonoma's Lemon Bread
Serving Size: 1 (73 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 323.8
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 79.1 mg
- Sodium 218.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 31.5 g
- Protein 4.2 g