photo by buttercreambarbie
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- Preheat oven to 350- grease two 9x5 loaf pans.
- Beat shortening& sugar until light& fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in dry ingredients alternately with milk.
- Add nuts& lemon peel.
- Pour batter into prepared pans and bake 50-60 minutes or until tests done.
- Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing.
- Put a sheet of foil under wire rack; place breads top-sides up on the wire rack.
- Blend topping ingredients, and brush on tops of loaves while still warm.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have been a Central Illinois resident all my life. My hobbies include fishing with my husband, reading, counted cross stitch, and of course, cooking (especially baking)! I currently work in an office, behind a desk, pushing paper. My dream would be to open my own bakery. Spending time in the kitchen is very relaxing to me, and it keeps me connected to my domestic side!