Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Found this recipe and then tweeked it a bit..makes a lot! These make the BEST icecream cookie sandwiches!!!
- 1 cup margarine (stick margarine)
- 1 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 2 cups white sugar
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 cups quick-cooking oats
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped toasted walnuts (if you are a nut lover add a cup)
- 1 cup coconut
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350° and grease your cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl cream first 4 ingredients.
- Beat in eggs one at a time and then add each ingredient one at a time -- try not to over stir.
- Use a large cookie scoop to form cookies.
- Bake 10 minutes or till light golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool on sheets for a few minutes before transferring. Servings depend on scoop size. The very large ones make 30 smaller 60.
I originally submitted this recipe to another website, and I got the recipe from the owners of a fishing lodge (hence the name of the cookeies) in Alaska. These cookies are absolutely phenomenal (haven't tried Homegirl's version, but the original version is incredible)! Play around with the chips, nuts, raisins/craisins, you name it. It doesn't matter...one cookie will fill you up like you just had lunch. Freeze the dough in a log, bake and freeze between layers of waxed paper. Even baked and kept in an airtight container, they keep for quite a while. It doens't matter...this recipe makes for an incredible cookie you won't soon forget! Just be sure to use an UBER large mixing bowl once you throw in all the extras...you're gonna need it!