Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
From a newsletter.
- 1 cup wild rice, rinsed
- 1 (16 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained and dried with a paper towel
- 1 (16 ounce) pineapple tidbits, drained and dried with a paper towel
- 3 ounces maraschino cherries, drained and patted dry
- 1 cup green grapes or 1 cup red grapes, cut in half
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, sliced
- 1 (3 ounce) box orange Jell-O
- 13 ounces Cool Whip
- Boil rice in 4 cups of water for 45 minutes.
- Let rice stand for 40 more minutes, then drain and cool.
- Add fruit together and sprinkle with orange jello and mix.
- Fold in Cool Whip and mix well.
- Sprinkle top with coconut.
- NOTE: If you prepare this a day ahead of time, do not add the Cool Whip or coconut until the next day. Before you add the whipped topping, drain off excess fluid that has accumulated overnight.