Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
this is a great wonter one dish meal.
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked wild rice
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup boneless chicken breast half, cooked and diced
- salt and pepper
- Melt the butter or margarine in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onion, celery and carrots and saute for 5 to 10 minutes, or until onion is translucent and carrots start to get tender.
- Add the rice and stir to coat. Then add the chicken stock and the bay leaf. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 hour, or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add the heavy cream and puree 2 cups of the soup in a blender or food processor. Return this to the pot and add the chicken. Stir well and allow to heat through. Season with salt and pepper to taste.