Corn and Wild Rice Chowder
photo by Jostlori
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 4 cups onions, diced
- 2 cups celery, diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups red potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups wild rice, cooked
- 3 cups corn, whole kernel
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups cream, heavy
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper sauce
- thyme, pinch
- salt and pepper
- In large soup pot, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion, celery, carrot and garlic.
- Cook until vegetables are tender, but not brown.
- Meanwhile, cook potato cubes in stock until fork can stick in easily.
- Add flour to cooked veggies and blend well.
- Cook, stirring constantly, 3 - 4 minutes.
- Add potato mixture to vegetable mixture and stir until smooth using large wire wisk.
- Bring to boil.
- Add remaining ingredients and bring to simmer to heat through.
- Adjust seasonings and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
A wonderful northwoods treat so glad we indulged ourselves! Love the hot sauce in this! DH and I have eaten at Adventures and love their food so was thrilled to find this! Huge recipe so made a half batch. I used brown and wild rice-- minute rice that comes in about 1 cup plastic containers and a southwestern corn that has black beans in it. A repeater for sure. Thanks Linky for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2013.