Recipe by KaraRN
Great casserole to use up that left over turkey or chicken. We usually end up with lots of left over dark meat of the turkey, and this is a yummy way to use it up and not waste it once you get sick of those turkey sandwiches. You can also use left over chicken, you can also just cook chicken fresh to make this dish. I have also on occasion added broccoli to casserole to get some veggies in.
- 2 (6 ounce) packages long grain and wild rice blend (Uncle Ben's Original recipe recommended)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 1⁄2 cups water
- 3 cups turkey, cooked and cut up
- 2 (10 3/4 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place rice, seasoning pkt with rice, water and butter in pan. Cook on stove top according to box directions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray 9x13 pay with cooking spray.
- Place cooked rice in pan and add remaining ingredients except for cheese. Mix well. (You may need to add additonal milk if mix appears too dry.).
- Place in oven and bake 30 minutes or until bubbly and heated through.
- If using cheese, sprinkle over top of casserole during last 10 minutes of cooking.