1/1 Photo of Wild Mushroom Bisque
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
There are hints of an elegant French potage in this creamy bisque, which is nice served with some cheese biscuits and a salad.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 ounces dried morels or 2 ounces porcini mushrooms
- 3 cups warm water
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup chopped shallot
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- freshly grated nutmeg
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups chicken stock (preferably homemade)
- 1/2 cup whipping cream (or more)
- fresh ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- 1Soak dried mushrooms in warm water until softened, 20 to 30 minutes.
- 2Drain mushrooms, reserving soaking liquid. Rinse mushrooms and squeeze dry. Chop coarsely, discarding any tough stems. Strain soaking liquid through coffee fileter and reserve.
- 3Melt butter in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and cook until soft, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes. Add dried and fresh mushrooms, salt and nutmeg. Cook until almost most of liquid evaporates, stirring occasionally, 6 to 8 minutes. Add flour and stir 3 minutes. Whisk in stock and 2-1/2 cups mushrooms soakig liquid. Bring to boil, whisking constantly. Reduce heat and boil gently until soup thickens slightly, skimming surface occasionally, 40 minutes.
- 4Whisk 1/2 cup cream into soup. Simmer 5 minutes; degrease if necessary. If desired, thin soup with any remaining mushroom soaking liquid and more cream. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with chives and serve.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wild Mushroom Bisque
Serving Size: 1 (318 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 206.8
- Calories from Fat 149
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.8 g
- Cholesterol 51.1 mg
- Sodium 186.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 5.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: