Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Very colorful & easy!
- 2 (15 ounce) canssliced peaches
- 1 betty crocker wild blueberry muffin mix
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 egg
- In a 2-quart baking dish add 1 can of peaches and juice and 1 can without juices.
- Next add can of blueberries from muffin mix and juices, DO NOT DRAIN, mix fruits well.
- In a large bowl combine muffin mix, water& oil, just until mixed.
- Pour over fruit and place in a 425°F preheated oven.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
Definitly will keep a blueberry muffin mix and can of peaches on hand for this quick and tasty treat. -I added the egg to the muffin mix along with the oil and egg -I used a 29 oz can of sliced peaches in heavy syrup, drained & diced the peaches, and then poured 1/4 cup of the syrup over the fruit in the baking dish -I also preheated the fruit in my microwave, in the baking dish, before spooning the batter over it and placing it in the oven.
I would never have thought to combinie peaches and blueberries, but they are delicious together. There were 5 desserts at our family dinner and this one was devoured while the others were barely touched! I added the egg to the muffin mix when I added the oil and water. Mine needed to cook 25 minutes. Normally I would take a star off for incomplete instructions, but this has so many other things going for it that I give it a full 5 stars anyway!
In the directions you did not use the egg so I just used it as a glaze on top on the muffin mix. It gave it a really nie shine (as it should), and I think it made the top a little crisper. The flavor on this was okay, but it was not sweet enough for me. I think that if I make this again I will add sugar and maybe even alittle cinnamon to the fruit. This recipe was a GREAT idea though, and with some fine tooning it will be excellent. Thanks for posting!