Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe has been in my files for much more than half my lifetime, and from time to time I've tweaked it a bit!
- 2 lbs baked beans (I always use B&M brand)
- 4 turkey hot dogs
- 0.5 (1 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup catsup
- 1⁄8 cup triple sec (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut hot dogs on a diagonal into 1 inch slices.
- Mix all ingredients together and pour into casserole dish.
- Bake uncovered for 1 hour.
We used Busch's Veg., lite beef dogs (plus more), homemade soup mix, and added some black beans for nutrition and to stretch it for our family of 5. With 7 dogs and added beans, it was about 6-7 servings for us. One child said it was too sweet (we usu. eat just the Beans straight) but everyone else liked it. Made for Zaar Stars.
I really enjoyed this for dinner! I used Bush's Vegetarian beans, and LomaLinda veggie hot dogs. I also used a homemade onion soup mix. Thanks for a yummy dinner!
Excellent bean pot recipe. I substituted Schneiders XXL (long fat wieners), used Heinz deep browned pork and beans, and my Homemade Dry Onion Soup Mix for the onion soup mix, and omitted the triple sec because I didn't have any. This recipe would be great using precooked sausages or chunks of kielbasa too. Served with toasted and buttered kaiser rolls. A good hearty meal-in-a-bowl.