Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe has been in my files for much more than half my lifetime, and from time to time I've tweaked it a bit!
Top Review by WI Cheesehead
We used Busch's Veg., lite beef dogs (plus more), homemade soup mix, and added some black beans for nutrition and to stretch it for our family of 5. With 7 dogs and added beans, it was about 6-7 servings for us. One child said it was too sweet (we usu. eat just the Beans straight) but everyone else liked it. Made for Zaar Stars.
- 2 lbs baked beans (I always use B&M brand)
- 4 turkey hot dogs
- 0.5 (1 ounce) package onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄3 cup catsup
- 1⁄8 cup triple sec (optional)