1/4 Photos of Wicklewood's Crunchy Falafel (Gluten Free)
A delicious falafel that is always a favourite as a quick snack or part of a main meal, and of course naturally gluten free. To make them even healthier they can be baked in an 180c oven for 5-20 mins.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g chick peas, drained
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red chili, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 large egg, beaten
- sesame seeds, for coating
- sunflower oil, for frying
- 1Place all the ingredients except the sesame seeds and oil in a food processer and blend until the mixture forms a coarse paste. (If the mixture appears too wet, just chill for 30 mins.).
- 2Roll the mixture into 12 balls and roll in the sesame seeds, coat well.
- 3In a large frying pan heat about 200ml of sunflower oil and fry falafels in small batches, turning regularly for approximately 5 mins or until golden and crispy,.
- 4Drain and serve warm with dips or with a mixed salad in warm pitta breads.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wicklewood's Crunchy Falafel (Gluten Free)
Serving Size: 1 (473 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 40.4
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 15.5 mg
- Sodium 9.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 2.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: