1/2 Photos of Wicked Shrimp by Mean Chef
Julie in TX's Note:
Not for the faint of heart. I adopted this recipe in September, 2006.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 453.59 g prawns (21-25 count)
- 118.29 ml flour
- 29.58 ml clarified butter or 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 29.58 ml steak seasoning (any brand works)
- 7.39 ml garlic
- 7.39 ml cayenne pepper
- 7.39 ml black pepper
- 4.92 ml kosher salt
- 4.92 ml red pepper flakes
- 4.92 ml thyme
- 4.92 ml rosemary
- 4.92 ml oregano
- 59.14 ml white wine
- 118.29 ml dark beer or 118.29 ml ale
- 7.39 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 29.58 ml butter
- 1Coat prawns in flour.
- 2Heat clarified butter or vegetable oil on high heat.
- 3Add prawns to saute pan.
- 4Coat with steak seasoning (your favorite store brand like Lawry's or Johnny's will work fine).
- 5Add garlic to pan.
- 6To make the spice mixture, mix cayenne pepper, black pepper, salt, red pepper flakes, thyme, rosemary and oregano.
- 7Grind them together in a spice grinder or food processor.
- 8Top prawns with the spice mixture.
- 9Add white wine, beer and Worcestershire sauce to pan.
- 10Simmer 2-3 minutes until prawns are cooked.
- 11Swirl in butter to finish the sauce.
- 12Serve with a thick rustic bread.
- 13Serves 2.
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Wicked Shrimp by Mean Chef
Serving Size: 1 (388 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 547.0
- Calories from Fat 234
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 15.0 g
- Cholesterol 346.8 mg
- Sodium 2306.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 35.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: