Recipe by rickscott
Basically I just measured the ingredients in the package and substituted fresh onion and garlic. I usually mix up several of these and store them in ziplock bags to use later.
- 2 lbs hamburger
- 15 ounces tomato sauce
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 15 ounces water
- 2 tablespoons masa harina, dissolved
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans
- mixed spice
- 1⁄2 cup chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons onions, minced dried
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced dried
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown hamburger meat and drain off fat.
- Return to heat, add onion and garlic, cook until onion is softened.
- Add tomato sauce, tomatoes, and water.
- Stir in dry ingredients except masa harina.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or longer for spicier flavor.
- Add masa harina dissolved in water.
- Stir in pinto beans.
- Simmer another 20 minutes.