- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups skim milk
- 6 ounces Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon (more or less to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift dry ingredients, salt, and sugar into a large bowl.
- Whisk in wet ingredients.
- Follow your waffle machine's directions for quantity and cook-time. (Usually ~1 cup per waffle and 5-8 minutes cook-time).
- *Can be frozen after cooking and re-heated in a toaster, if desired.