Recipe by Charlotte J
I love the taste of the whole wheat tortillas. So I went looking for a recipe on the internet. I found this on the at RecipeLand site.
Top Review by Mauwoo
I love these tortillas - they are chewier and better tasting than regular all white flour tortillas. I too skipped the cornstarch and used flour to roll them out in. I also made a mistake and put in 2 TBs of oil instead of the 2 tsp the recipe called for. They turned out very well despite my mis-measuring the oil. Super easy & quick.
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup warm water (110 F)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- cornstarch (for dusting the tortillas)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir together the first 6 ingredients.
- On a floured board knead until smooth.
- Divide dough into 12 equal balls.
- Dust lightly with cornstarch.
- Roll into a circle as thin as possible on a lightly-floured board (Do not roll to edge).
- Drop onto a very hot ungreased griddle.
- Cook until brown spots appear on one side.
- Turn and cook on second side.
- Repeat with other balls.