- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups whole wheat flour, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups pureed strawberries
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix sugar, eggs, oil, and extracts together in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda and salt together.
- Stir flour mixture into sugar mixture.
- Add strawberries, applesauce, and walnuts. Mix just until combined.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.