Recipe by A Messy Cook
Oh, yum! This fresh, wholesome pasta recipe is from the More-With-Less cookbook. Add a green salad, maybe some garlic bread, and you're good to go. I jacked up the spices, and although it calls for dried herbs, but I think it would be even better with fresh! A nice, simple dinner full of color and nutrition, not to mention FLAVOR.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced (about 6 cups)
- 3 cups diced fresh tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (8 ounce) package whole wheat spaghetti
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute onion in oil in large skillet.
- Add remaining ingredients (except spaghetti).
- Simmer, covered, for 15 minutes; uncover and simmer 10 minutes more.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Discard bay leaf. Toss hot cooked pasta with zucchini sauce and serve with grated Parmesan cheese.