Prep 45 mins
Cook 20 mins
Pizza crust recipe on back of yeast envelope. Didn't see it here and know it's a good one. Simple and straightforward. We like our crust very thin and this holds up.
- 2 (1/4 ounce) envelopes yeast (.5 oz total)
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup corn oil
- Oven 450. I like thin, crunchy crust - I bake crust on a drying rack right on oven shelf.
- Combine sugar into water, add yeast. Set aside.
- Combine flours and salt.
- Pour in yeast and corn oil.
- Mix or hand knead for 3 minutes.
- Place in oiled bowl, cover, and let rise 30 minutes in a warm place.
- Punch down and divide for two crusts.
- You can freeze dough up to one month. Thaw in refrigerator 8-12 hours or room temp 2-3 hours. No need to let it rise after thawing.
Easy to do, family loved it. A keeper for us.