Recipe by MellyBelly
This can easily be put together the night before, and then baked day of serving. Great for a pot luck dinners, and hectic days.
- 1 (12 ounce) jaryour favorite pasta sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups of kraft shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups kraft shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup pecorino romano cheese
- 1 lb of your favorite whole wheat pasta (we prefer rotini)
- 1 zucchini (Sliced into 1/2 inch rounds)
- 2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 egg whites (Lightly Beaten)
- 1⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat Olive Oil in a skillet on medium heat.
- Mix Bread Crumbs, Italian Seasoning, and Garlic Powder together in a dish.
- Take Zucchini and dip into Egg Whites, coating both sides, then into Bread Crumb Mixture.
- Place Coated Zucchini in skillet, and let brown on both sides.
- When Zucchini is done place on Paper Towels to soak up extra oil.
- Cook pasta per directions on box.
- Mix the four cheeses together in a seperate bowl.
- In a greased 6x6 baking dish place a layer of zucchini slices, pour 1/3 cup of the pasta sauce over slices evenly and coat with a handful of the cheese blend.
- Then place drained pasta on top, and add another 1/3 cup of pasta sauce, and another handful of cheese.
- You will then place the remaining Zucchini, sauce, and cheese as the top (and final) layer.
- Cover with Tin foil, and bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes.