Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are some oatmeal cookies that I haven't tried. Got the recipe off allrecipes.com, but modified it to suit my preferences.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups rolled oats
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C (250 degrees F). Line baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Stir together the whole wheat flour, salt, cinnamon and baking soda; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Combine the egg, water and vanilla. Stir in the flour mixture.
- Stir in the oats.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets. Cookies should be well spaced apart (about 5 cm away from one another).
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Remove from baking sheets to cool on wire racks.