Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a delicious hearty loaf, perfect for cinnamon toast.
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 3⁄4 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 cups bread flour
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons fast rising yeast or 2 1⁄4 teaspoons quick-rising yeast
- Add ingredients to bread machine pan in order suggested by manufacturer.
- Use light setting, no timer.
I did this on my dough cycle in my bread machine and then baked it in my oven. If you do it this way and with almost 4 cups of flour, make sure you put it in a bigger loaf pan. This is a wonderful, slightly sweet wheat bread and I have to agree with PinkPanther, it did rise very quickly for a wheat bread.
Delicious bread with a slightly dense texture. Makes wonderful buttered toast. Also good warmed to go with soup. Thanks.
I was looking for a recipe that I can consume my molasses & whole wheat, and I found this. I used half bread flour & regular flour. Perfect snack due to it's sweet flavor. I like it lightly toasted & put a little bit of butter or cream cheese. Thank you for the great recipe. See the photos (2).