Recipe by hellokitty
I made this up at home one day with a lot of vegetable leftovers and Trader Joe's whole wheat pasta. It's decidedly spunky with the jalapeno, but feel free to leave it out if you don't like the spicier taste. Also this recipe is easy to adapt to other vegetables that you might like better.
Top Review by Hedge's Kitchen
Awesome! I couldn't get shallots because I live in China and couldn't find them, but I used a white onion instead. Delicious and healthy. I will cook this many more times in the future. Thank-you.
- 6 ounces whole wheat fettuccine
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 shallots, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, fresh, seeded and finely chopped
- 3⁄4 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 3⁄4 cup carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 cup broccoli floret, small or cut into little pieces
- 8 ounces asparagus, cut into small pieces
- 1 small zucchini, cut into thin slices
- 2 cups shiitake mushrooms or 2 cups white mushrooms
- 4 ounces pea pods
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable broth or 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chives, snipped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. When done, drain the pasta and keep warm.
- In a large skillet heat oil over high heat. Cook the shallots, garlic, and jalapeno pepper for one minute or until shallots are soft.
- Add celery and carrot, cook and stir for one minute. Stir in the broccoli, asparagus, zucchini, mushrooms, pea pods and broth. Cover and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the hot fettuccine, salt, and black pepper to the skillet and toss gently to mix together all the ingredients.
- Garnish with snipped chives and serve.