Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
I found this on the back of a box of DaVinci whole wheat pasta. Enjoy!
- 12 ounces whole wheat fettuccine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 cups skim milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 16 ounces broccoli florets, frozen
- Heat olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, saute until onion is tender.
- Combine milk, chicken broth, flour, salt and pepper in a small saucepan. Heat over medium-low heat, stirring frequently, until sauce becomes thick. Add Parmesan cheese.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Add broccoli florets to the pasta during the last 3-4 minutes of cooking. Cook pasta to al dente.
- Drain pasta and broccoli. Transfer to a large serving bowl, add sauce, toss, and enjoy.
This one really didn't work for me. The sauce was very thin and floury. I do normally make alfredo sauce with skim milk, but I think this recipe doesn't have enough flour to thicken, and/or it doesn't really get hydrated with this mixing order. Lauralie41's mixing order probably would be better.
Nice fettuccine alfredo recipe! I added the flour to my pan and than added the milk and chicken broth whisking until thickened. Liked the idea of cooking the broccoli in the pot with the noodles. Easy and quick to make and tastes very good.