Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
These are my new favorite cookies. The cranberries are sweet-tart taste explosions, and the almonds add a delightful crunch. Plus, they're whole wheat, which is always a plus with me! The recipe is from Jonathan's Organic Foods.
- 1⁄2 cup softened butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 3 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 ounce) bag fresh cranberries
- 1 cup almonds, chopped
- Cream butter and sugars together.
- Beat in milk, orange juice and egg.
- Stir flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together; stir into butter mixture.
- Stir in cranberries and nuts.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet; bake for 10-15 minutes at 375°.
Good recipe for mini muffins and scones, very flavorful and chewy