Recipe by stormylee
These crunchy, crispy cookies are made with whole wheat flour and are egg-free - they're not boring, tasteless health cookies, though! The combination of cognac, anise, coffee, and walnuts is unusual and sooo tasty! Also very quick to make! You can play around with the amount of flour: with 200 ml you get thin cookies, and closer to the 225 ml the cookies no longer spread much so you get a thicker crunch.
- 125 g butter, at room temperature
- 100 ml sugar
- 1 tablespoon cognac or 1 tablespoon brandy
- 1 teaspoon ground aniseed
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee granules (dissolved in 1 ts hot water)
- 40 g walnuts, chopped
- 200 ml desiccated coconut
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 200 -225 ml whole wheat flour
- powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 175°C Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix. The dough is quite stiff and crumbly, but you should still be able to form it into balls that stick together.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place on the cookie sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes or until golden. Allow to cool on the cookie sheet for a while and then transfer carefully on a wire rack to cool completely (the cookies are very fragile when hot).
- Dust warm cookies with powdered sugar.