Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
I found this recipe on allrecipes.com. It makes a wonderful light bread with a hint of sweetness from the honey. The cornmeal is something different too. A very nice bread.
- 1 1⁄4 cups warm water (107 degrees)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons powdered milk
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 3 tablespoons softened margarine
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup cornmeal
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- Place ingredients in an automatic bread maker in order suggested by manufacturer.
Here is why I love this recipe... Very light with a nice dark, yet soft outer crust, and no white flour Excellent! The combination of ingredients, including just the right amounts of cornmeal and yeast I think did the trick. Nice nutty wheaty taste, soft inner texture, great to toast and to make sammies. Bravo!