Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a super easy and light quick bread. This recipe is adapted from a recipe by Holly Berkowitz Clegg. You can experiment with different beers in this recipe as each brand definitely gives a different final flavor. I prefer a Honey Brown (such as Dundee's).
- 2 cups self-rising flour (subs. 2 cups all-purpose flour plus 3 teaspoons baking powder plus 1 teaspoon salt)
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 12 ounces beer, at room temperature
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix dry ingredients.
- Stir in beer and honey.
- Pour into a greased 9x5x3" loaf pan dusted with flour.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.