Honey Wheat Beer Bread
photo by Mom in New Castle
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 12 ounces honey wheat beer
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Lightly greast a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine flours, baking powder, salt and brown sugar.
- Add 1/4 c honey and beer, stirring well.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan.
- Brush 1 tablespoon honey and melted butter over dough.
- Bake 50 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This is my recipe! Submitted it to Paula Deen magazine several years ago. It was adapted from my German great grandmother's recipe made using all white flour. I like the nuttiness wheat flour adds to it. The magazine didn't publish this tip, but I recommend using Rumford aluminum free baking powder. So glad that others are enjoying it!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Tampa, FL with my husband and 6 year old daughter. I work full time which leaves me little time for other activities, however my weekends are filled with cooking. In what little time I have left over after all my other responsibilities I enjoy reading and watching a little television. <a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><img src="http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/tisht/freezer.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"></a> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket">