Not a joke, this is an actual recipe. My kids went to a Bedouin camp exhibit and everyone got a copy of this recipes(although not everyone got a taste). My translation into English. Who knows, next time you want to have a "different" type of barbeque, why not go for it?
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Skin, trim and clean camel (once you get over the hump), lamb and chicken.
- 2Boil until tender.
- 3Cook rice until fluffy.
- 4Fry nuts until brown and mix with rice.
- 5Hard boil eggs and peel.
- 6Stuff cooked chickens with hard boiled eggs and rice.
- 7Stuff the cooked lamb with stuffed chickens.
- 8Add more rice.
- 9Stuff the camel with the stuffed lamb and add rest of rice.
- 10Broil over large charcoal pit until brown.
- 11Spread any remaining rice on large tray and place camel on top of rice.
- 12Decorate with boiled eggs and nuts.
- 13Serves a friendly crowd of 80-100.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Stuffed Camel
Serving Size: 1 (4580 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 100
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1239.2
- Calories from Fat 547
- Total Fat 60.8 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 264.9 mg
- Sodium 332.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 119.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.8 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 57.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: