2ReDsOx 2's Note:
This recipe is quick because you cook the potatoes in the microwave and then finish them in the oven. The unique thing about this is putting garlic and onion powder on the skin of the potato to give the skin great flavor. The inside is nice and creamy while the outside is crispy and flavorful. I make these once a week.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash the potatoes but do not peel them.
- 2Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400.
- 3Put the potatoes on a microwavable plate and put them in the microwave for 6 or more minutes(depending on the size) until they are done all the way through and a knife can be inserted easily.
- 4Remove the potatoes(be careful they are hot)and coat the skin with the olive oil.
- 5Next,generously, put salt, pepper,the garlic powder and the onion powder all over the skin. (I never use exact amounts, just put as much as you want. I like a lot of the powders!).
- 6Put the potatoes directly on the rack of the oven for about 5- 10 minutes turning once. The skin will get nice and crisp.
- 7Remove the potatoes and enjoy. You may want a little butter on the potato.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Roasted Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (247 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 232.8
- Calories from Fat 22
- Total Fat 2.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 4.5 g