Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is quick because you cook the potatoes in the microwave and then finish them in the oven. The unique thing about this is putting garlic and onion powder on the skin of the potato to give the skin great flavor. The inside is nice and creamy while the outside is crispy and flavorful. I make these once a week.
- Wash the potatoes but do not peel them.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400.
- Put the potatoes on a microwavable plate and put them in the microwave for 6 or more minutes(depending on the size) until they are done all the way through and a knife can be inserted easily.
- Remove the potatoes(be careful they are hot)and coat the skin with the olive oil.
- Next,generously, put salt, pepper,the garlic powder and the onion powder all over the skin. (I never use exact amounts, just put as much as you want. I like a lot of the powders!).
- Put the potatoes directly on the rack of the oven for about 5- 10 minutes turning once. The skin will get nice and crisp.
- Remove the potatoes and enjoy. You may want a little butter on the potato.
Redsox, This is such a great base for baked potatoes. We found the spices to be a nice addition. If you're in a hurry, this is a great recipe. But, if you are not rushed, skip the microwave and bake these in the oven for a crisper skin. Be sure to use Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper!