Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
A delicious, healthy waffle from the Food Network.
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tablespoons wheat germ
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup peanut oil
- Preheat your waffle iron to medium-high.
- Whisk the flour with the oats, sugar, wheat germ, baking powder, cinnamon and salt in a medium bowl.
- In another medium bowl, lightly whisk the eggs, then add the milk, butter and oil.
- Gently stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients with a wooden spoon to make a batter.
- Take care not to overwork the batter; it's fine if there are a few lumps.
- Pour 1/3 to 1/2 cup of batter per waffle (it depends on the size of your waffle iron) and cook until the outside of the waffle is crisp and inside is cooked through, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Serve warm with maple syrup.