Recipe by Ppaperdoll
A healthy waffle recipe from Betty Crocker.
Top Review by Hey Jude
Really nice waffles. I made exactly as written and next time may add some cinnamon and/or vanilla to the batter for a little extra flavor. I loved how healthy this recipe is and will experiment with using soy milk and egg substitute to make it even healthier for my husband's heart. Thanks for posting this Ppaperdoll!
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups skim milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat a non-stick waffle maker. Combine flour, whole wheat flour, oats, and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- In a separate, small bowl, mish milk, egg, and oil until well blended. Add to flour mixture and stir until just combined (there will be some lumps.).
- Spread batter onto hot waffle maker. Cook until waffle is golden brown and steam from waffle iron stops.
- Dust with powdered sugar if desired and serve with fresh fruit and/or your favorite syrup.