Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These are a tasty and healthy way to start your day. It is a fact that breakfast is the most important meal of the day!
- 3⁄4 cup quick oatmeal
- 3⁄4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄4 cup flax seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- Mix the first eight ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Whisk the egg and milk in a separate bowl.
- Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients until it becomes close to a pancake batter consistency(a thick batter is better than a loose batter).
- Warm butter in a skillet and pour in batter of desired proportion.
- Immediately sprinkle top of pancakes with frozen blueberries.
- Cook until golden brown and flip onto blueberry side.
- Serve with sliced strawberries or blueberries or take in car as a portable breakfast!