Lise in Indiana's Note:
Similar to Bisquick, but with whole-grain goodness. I have used this mix cup for cup for Bisquick recipes and it turns out pretty well. You can substitute whole wheat flour for ALL the flour, if you like, though your baked products may be a little denser.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix all ingredients together well, using a pastry blender.
- 2Store in air-tight container, in a cool dry place.
- 3NOTE: About Crisco, avoid those hydrogenated and trans fats and use butter, but the resulting mix will need to be stored it in the fridge.
- 4For Biscuits: 3 cups mix, 1 cup water. Mix well. Divide into 16 biscuits. Use greased baking sheet and bake at 425º F for 10-12 minutes. (Recipe may be halved).
- 5For Pizza Crust: 1 Tbsp yeast, dissolved in 1/2 cup hot water. Add 2 1/4 cups mix. Knead on floured surface. Let rise 10 minutes. Spread on greased pizza pan sprinkled with cornmeal. Bake at 425º F for 10 minutes, then add sauce and toppings of choice. Return to oven and bake until hot and the cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Whole Grain Baking Mix
Serving Size: 1 (935 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 550.7
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.0 g
- Cholesterol 11.6 mg
- Sodium 825.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 11.9 g