Recipe by duonyte
My cherry tomatoes are going to start ripening next week, so I am looking forward to making this. Martha suggests using a ceramic baking dish to avoid interaction between aluminum pans and the tomatoes. From Martha Stewart Living.
- 2 yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed and thinly sliced
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes, broken into smaller clusters if on the vine
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt, divided
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 prepared whole trout, about 9 ounces each
- 6 thin lemon slices
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425 deg F. Toss together the potatoes, tomatoes, garlic, oregano, 1 tbl oil and 1/2 tsp salt. Season with salt.
- Layer the potatoes in a 9x13 pan, overlapping as necessary and top them with the tomatoes. Roast until tomatoes are juicy and potatoes are tender, about 25 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Rub fish with the remaining 1 tsp oil. Season with the remaining 1/2 tsp salt and tuck 3 slices lemon into each cavity. Move tomatoes towards the side of pan and arrange the trout on top of the potatoes.
- Roast until the fish is done, about 20 minutes. Serve immediately.