Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
a great appetizer served with tortilla chips.
Make and share this Whiz Bang Dip recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, very finely chopped
- 1 (2 lb) box processed cheese, cubed
- 2 (10 ounce) canschopped tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 teaspoon prepared minced garlic
- Brown ground beef, and cook on low heat for 10 minutes breaking up large chunks.
- Transfer to slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for 1 hour, stir to mix well.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
I made this EXACTLY as written and ended up with soup! The directions didn't say to drain the tomatoes, so I didn't. I did drain the ground beef. My first instinct was there was not enough meat to accomodate that much liquid and cheese. Should have listened! I don't know what I did wrong, but had to put it through a colander to get it semi-workable. The taste was good, but consistency was way off for a dip! If only it had turned out like the photo that diner524 posted, I would have been a happy camper (which is the reason I made as directed) however, I was not!
I'm not normally a fan of processed cheese, but this was good! Will be an easy fix to take to office potlucks. Thanks for posting! Made for PRMR.
This is really good. I halved the recipe and it was perfect for the four of us. It was a hit with everyone! Thanks for sharing!