Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
For Vanilla lovers, a white chocolate, macadamia nut,vanilla cake like muffin from the Totally Muffins Cookbook.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup cake flour
- 2 tablespoons cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup macadamia nuts, toasted & chopped
- 3⁄4 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease or line muffin tins with paper cups.
- Cream butter until fluffy with an electric mixer.
- Slowly add sugar, continuing to beat.
- Add eggs one at a time beating after each.
- Add vanilla and half-and-half.
- Beat until evenly blended.
- In another bowl, mix together 2 flours, baking powder, and salt.
- Add to liquid mixture and beat just until flour disappears.
- Gently stir in nuts and chips.
- Fill muffin cups to the top, and bake 25 minutes or until slightly golden on edges and a tester comes out clean.
- Note: I have made these using only all- purpose flour when I did not have cake flour on hand and they turned out great.
After adding the milk to the creamed butter/sugar/egg mixture, the batter looked sort of curdled. I don't know why that happened, maybe my milk was still a little cold, so my advice would be to make sure all ingredients are at room temperature. Not wanting to waste the batter, I added the flours and followed the rest of the instructions. What came out of the oven were simply delicious cupcake-like muffins.. not overly sweet. Thank you for the recipe.
"Wow!" is what crossed my mind when I bit into these muffins. My muffins were missing 1 egg and 1/4 cup of white chocolate, but already it was fantastic! The texture is very special and unlike of any muffins I have tasted. I'm definitely trying this recipe again with proper ingredients.
I made these muffins for breakfast Sunday morning and my family looked like they had gone to heaven! We love the combination of white chocolate and macadamia nuts, and this recipe didn't disappoint on flavor. I was given strict instructions to double the recipe when I make these again.