Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a delicious way to cook fish and also acts as a preservative if you don't finish the fish in one day.
- Saute the garlic in the olive oil until it starts to turn light tan in color.
- Add the white wine and bring to a boil.
- Salt and pepper the fish to taste.
- Carefully slide the fish in the pan of boiling wine skin side down, when it appears as though it is starting to flake, gently flip it to cook the other side. If you prefer you can double the wine and poach the fish without flipping, providing the fish is covered with enough wine.
- When the fish is cooked remove and add the lemon and capers.
- Reduce the wine and add the butter, top the fish with the sauce and enjoy!