I had this at a GFs house one night and it was delightful! Thanks Martha (Stewart)! UPDATE 7/08: Made this delightful sangria a few dates ago. I would suggest using a variety of firm fruits for lots of color (orange slices, lime slices, black berries, blue berries, etc). I used blueberries, but they sunk. I also used Pinot Grigio and found it very refreshing. Chill all your liquids before serving. This can be made several hours ahead. Simply add the seltzer and ice at serving time.
- In a large bowl or pitcher combine brandy and sugar. Let stand 5 minutes; stir to dissolve sugar.
- Prepare fruits: Halve peaches, pit peach and slice thinly.
- Cut honeydew in half, remove seeds, remove rind and slice into thin slices similar in size to peach sections.
- Add fruit and wine to brandy mixture.
- Just before serving add seltzer or club soda, stir again.
- Serve over a full glass of ice.
- Serve over ice.