My mother-in-law always made this bread and gave me the recipe. It makes a soft, moist, fluffy sandwich bread. It makes two 5"X9" loaves.
- Heat first three ingredients to 120ºF-130ºF.
- Using only 2 cups of the flour, gradually add the rest of the ingredients. Beat two minutes with an electric mixer.
- Add 1 cup of flour or enough to make a thick batter. Beat another 2 minutes.
- Add more flour to make a soft dough.
- Knead 8-10 minutes.
- Form into loaves and place in greased loaf pans. Let rise until doubled.
- Bake at 400ºF for 30 minutes.