Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
My mother-in-law always made this bread and gave me the recipe. It makes a soft, moist, fluffy sandwich bread. It makes two 5"X9" loaves.
- 354.88 ml water
- 118.29 ml milk
- 29.58 ml butter
- 1419.54-1537.83 ml flour
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 7.39 ml salt
- 11.09 ml yeast
- Heat first three ingredients to 120ºF-130ºF.
- Using only 2 cups of the flour, gradually add the rest of the ingredients. Beat two minutes with an electric mixer.
- Add 1 cup of flour or enough to make a thick batter. Beat another 2 minutes.
- Add more flour to make a soft dough.
- Knead 8-10 minutes.
- Form into loaves and place in greased loaf pans. Let rise until doubled.
- Bake at 400ºF for 30 minutes.
I've never made bread in my life, so I was very satisfied with how this turned out. I halved your recipe and made one 9x5 loaf. It didn't seem to rise as much as I expected from the recipe, but it tastes great and has a perfect texture. The crust was a little crunchy but I think I may have left it in for a few minutes too many. I'm glad I found your recipe. It was the only sandwich bread recipe I could find that called for 9x5 pans.