Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Belinda Ellis, Consumer Services Manager, White Lily
- 8 pieces white lily frozen biscuit dough
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar, divided
- 1 quart strawberry, sliced
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry jam
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cover a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper for easy clean up.
- Place White Lily Frozen Biscuit dough pieces onto baking pan.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes or until very lightly browned.
- Melt butter in microwave on low heat.
- Brush butter onto the hot biscuits.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup sugar evenly over the biscuits.
- Bake for an additional 5 to 8 minutes or until biscuits are golden brown.
- Meanwhile, sweeten sliced berries with 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Measure heavy whipping cream into a cold mixing bowl and whip until stiff.
- Gradually add 2 tablespoons sugar.
- Chill until needed.
- To assemble shortcakes: Open biscuit, and spread about 1 tablespoon of strawberry jam on the bottom half.
- Layer with a generous spoonful of strawberries and then a large dollop of whipped cream.
- Place the top of the biscuit on the whipped cream.
- Spoon on additional strawberries and whipped cream.
- Garnish with a blueberry on top if desired.