Recipe by Oolala
From The Star of Texas Cookbook by the Junior League of Houston. Here for future use. I love spaghetti with white clam sauce and this one sounded a bit different with the grated onion, chives, seasoned salt and heavy cream.
- 4 (8 ounce) cans minced clams, do not drain
- 1 cup butter
- 5 garlic cloves, mashed
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- chives, chopped, to taste
- seasoning salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 lb spaghetti
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the clams with their juice and the butter in a saucepan and add the remaining ingredients except the heavy cream, cornstarch and spaghetti.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Adjust seasoning.
- Mix small amount of cream with the cornstarch, then combine with remaining cream.
- Add cream, a little at a time, to clam sauce until it reaches the right consistency to coat spaghetti not too thickly.
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions for al dente, drain well and serve with sauce on top.