2 hrs 5 mins
Queen Dragon Mom's Note:
This is absolutely the most decadent, richest ice cream I have ever tasted. With a red raspberry sauce it is a great finish to a meal. Serve small portions with shortbread or ladyfingers and espresso.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Split bean, scrape out seeds.
- 2Mix dry ingredients, add milk and cream. Add bean and seeds. Bring almost to a boil, stirring constantly.
- 3Remove from heat. Pour 1/2 cup of hot mixture into eggs in a thin stream, beating well. Return egg mixture to hot mixture, stirring.
- 4Replace on medium heat, add chocolate. Stir constantly until chocolate melts. Continue stirring while adding cheese.
- 5It will take anywhere from 20 to 45 minutes for the cream cheese to melt. If the temperature is too high, the cheese will cook and become sweet cottage cheese.
- 6When all is melted, remove from heat and let cool slightly. This is not a thick custard.
- 7Pour 1 c heavy cream in large bowl. Strain milk/chocolate/cheese mixture into the cream. Stir well.
- 8Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- 9Freeze according to ice cream maker's directions.
- 10Temper the finished ice cream in a tightly covered container for several hours.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chocolate Vanilla Bean Cheesecake Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (2068 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2714.2
- Calories from Fat 1554
- Total Fat 172.7 g
- Saturated Fat 103.9 g
- Cholesterol 762.1 mg
- Sodium 782.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 263.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 253.7 g
- Protein 39.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: