Recipe by under12parsecs
My DH's favorite dessert of all time. Easy, lovely, and most importantly, tasty! ** Cook time is actually chilling time.
- 12 ounces white chocolate, good quality, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream or 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream, divided
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 loaf lb cake, cubed (such as Sara Lee in freezer section)
- 1 1⁄4 cups cooled espresso or 1 1⁄4 cups cooled strong coffee
- 2 tablespoons spiced rum (optional)
- 2 pints strawberries, sliced (divided)
- 1 -2 tablespoon strawberry jam (depending on how sweet your berries are)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt the white morsels and 1/4 C heavy cream in the microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring until smooth; cool completely.
- In a large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy then stir in melted and cooled white morsels mixture.
- In a small mixer bowl, beat remaining 1 1/4 cup heavy cream/or whipping cream until stiff peaks form; fold into cream cheese mixture being sure not to deflate the cream.
- Place 1/2 of the pound cake cubes in the bottom of a trifle dish or other large clear bowl. (It really does look lovely in a footed trifle dish.).
- In small bowl, combine coffee and rum; sprinle half of the coffee mixture over the pound cake in the dish.
- Spoon in half of the cream cheese mixture, starting in the middle and spreading out towards sides to keep layers neat so it will look its best!
- Mix 1 pint sliced strawberries with jam in a bowl and spoon 1/2 of the strawberries over the cream cheese.
- Repeat with pound cake, coffee mixture and remaining cream cheese mixture.
- Top with the remaining strawberries; arranged attractively on top. You can also dollop on some sweetened whipped cream in the center :).
- Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.