Recipe by gailanng
From Chef Cat Cora of Iron Chef.
Top Review by mandabears
thank you for posting this recipe. i had it in my post pile and never got aroundtuit. it is easy to make and very easy to eat. dh made it for easter sunday (which meant i could not eat it, because of passover). the pie was enthusiatically eaten, in fact it was devoured. dh already got orders to bake 2 for next easter. rich and gooey and luscious and unusual, too.
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts (homemade or store bought)
- 2 cups pecan halves
- 1 1⁄3 cups white chocolate chips or 1 1⁄3 cups vanilla flavored chips
- 3 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- whipped cream (optional) or ice cream, for serving (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Layer the pecans and white chocolate chips on the bottom of your pie shell.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, brown sugar, corn syrup and flour until thoroughly combined. Carefully pour the mixture over the nuts and white chips.
- Bake the pie until the crust is golden brown and the filling is set in the center, about 35-40 minutes. (Check after about 25 minutes, and if the pie is browning too quickly, spray tin foil with non-stick spray and cover the pie loosely.) Transfer pie to a wire rack and let cool for a couple of hours.
- Serve with whipped cream, ice cream, or all by itself.