4 hrs 30 mins
An elegant dessert. Found this online somewhere a while ago. Cooking time is refrigerating time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Chill a small mixing bowl.
- 2Combine egg yolks, milk, 1 teaspoon cornstarch, and 3 tablespoons sugar in a heavy small saucepan.
- 3Cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened and bubbly and stir 2 minutes more.
- 4Remove from heat then stir in the grated baking bar and vanilla; stir until melted; cool to room temperature.
- 5Beat whipping cream in the chilled bowl on low speed until soft peaks form.
- 6Gently fold the cooled baking bar mixture into the whipped cream.
- 7Spoon the mixture into a 2-quart square baking dish.
- 8Refrigerate 4 to 24 hours or until set.
- 9For cherry sauce, combine 1/2 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons cornstarch in saucepan.
- 10Stir in water and add cherries.
- 11Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly and stir 2 minutes more.
- 12Remove from heat and add orange liqueur or orange juice. Cool slightly.
- 13Spoon chocolate mixture onto dessert plates. Drizzle with warm cherry sauce.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for White Chocolate Mousse With Cherry Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 438.6
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.4 g
- Cholesterol 149.2 mg
- Sodium 50.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 35.8 g
- Protein 4.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: