Recipe by Topher
An elegant dessert. Found this online somewhere a while ago. Cooking time is refrigerating time.
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 ounces white baking bar, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 cups tart red cherries, pitted
- 1 tablespoon orange liqueur or 1 tablespoon orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Chill a small mixing bowl.
- Combine egg yolks, milk, 1 teaspoon cornstarch, and 3 tablespoons sugar in a heavy small saucepan.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until slightly thickened and bubbly and stir 2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat then stir in the grated baking bar and vanilla; stir until melted; cool to room temperature.
- Beat whipping cream in the chilled bowl on low speed until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold the cooled baking bar mixture into the whipped cream.
- Spoon the mixture into a 2-quart square baking dish.
- Refrigerate 4 to 24 hours or until set.
- For cherry sauce, combine 1/2 cup sugar and 2 tablespoons cornstarch in saucepan.
- Stir in water and add cherries.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly and stir 2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat and add orange liqueur or orange juice. Cool slightly.
- Spoon chocolate mixture onto dessert plates. Drizzle with warm cherry sauce.